Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Much laughing at Much Ado

So Tuesday was a great day. I slept in, well as well as you can when you have 3 roommates but it was really nice. I realized that I hadn't slept past 8:30am any day I've been here so I figured since we didn't have anything until the afternoon to take advantage of it.
At 2pm we saw a performance at the Globe of Much Ado About Nothing. First let me say that if you haven't read or seen this Shakespeare play that you really should, it's the greatest. Secondly, if you are going to see a show at the Globe, go to a afternoon performance, it was really great to get the affect of the natural lighting. As for the performance it's self, it was absolutely amazing. I really loved the actors who played Beatrice and Benedict. Especially Benedict, he totally stole the show. His character is funny in the first place but the actor went so far beyond that I was doubled over laughing. Another interesting thing was that the actor who played the father, (I forget his name) was Geoffry from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. So it was cool to see him and it was funny to hear him because he sounded exactly like he does on the show so it was a little distracting. The play as a whole was great and I left just leaving happy which is always good. The musicians also played pretty cool instruments which is what I got a picture of because that was before they told us not to take pictures. :)
After the play we decided to go to dinner at this little Italian place near our house that is famous because Princess Dianna use to go there.
When we first walked in it looked really tiny and I was worried that our group of 9 would have no way of getting a table. But when we walked in the waitress took us downstairs and sat us at the cutest table I have ever seen.
So the food was a little on the expensive side but we figured we would treat ourselves and Amber and I shared a Pizza so it wasn't that bad. The prices weren't great but the food was. It was so yummy. Amber and I got a chicken pizza and it was like real authentic Italian pizza. What more can I say, it was really really good.
It was also really fun to be at dinner with such a big group. usually when we go out it's just 3 or 4 people together so all the conversations that go on at a table of 9 was really fun to listen to especially because I was sitting in the middle of the table so I could listen to all of them at the same time.

After dinner Ashley and I watched the season finale of Make it or Break it. So if you don't know what that is count yourself lucky. Its a terrible teenage ABC drama about gymnastics. It's really stupid but I love it, I'm hooked and I cant help it. It's really fun, especially because Ashley loves it as much as I do. So it would not be my number one show to spend my time watching here in London but it's the only one I can find on YouTube! :) it was fun because we sat on the couch, ate ice cream and acted like total girls! And that was my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment