Saturday, May 28, 2011

Cliffs of Dover

So today we went to Dover Castle. It was so much fun, and of course it was 5 girls and pretty backgrounds so what do you get? lots and lots of pictures! :) so hope they're as fun to look at as they were to take but I seriously doubt it! :)

This was the Train ride there. We were still really tired for the day before and it was about a 1 and 1/2 hour ride so good time for a nap.

So we got off the train in Dover and realized that our planning had only got that far. We had no idea how to get to Dover Castle. So this is us guessing which way to go, and Cami being really confused. We had a good laugh about it.

This was our first glimpse of the Castle so we pretty much just started walking towards it. We found signs along the way thankfully.

This is walking up to the Castle but this picture pretty much sums up my whole London experience. I tend to walk ahead of everyone else. It's become coined walking "Elly speed" anytime everyone else decides to walk fast too! :)

So we got to the top and this was our first pretty site. Trust me they just get better and better from here.

So the first place we went was the lookout. It was really windy as you can tell from our hair but we had some awesome views of Dover and the Cliffs.

Then we walked along the edge of the Castle property where they had all their guns and stuff but really it was just a good place for a photo shoot. :)

So isn't it funny what we'll do to get that perfect picture! this is Cali getting it done!

So it's decided I have the cutest friends ever, just sayin.

We found this really pretty hill of daises. I thought it was funny that these little flowers grow on this fortress that has seen so much war over it's long history.

Then we went into the tunnels of the Castle. They were really dark and in a couple of them we used the camera flashes for light to figure out where we were. It was fun. Especially when Ashlee scares Ellie.

After the tunnels we went into the actual Castle. They have it all decorated as if it were a working castle and it was fun to go through all the different rooms.

Us pretending to be the witches from Macbeth.

Cali making soup.

We got to meet the King!

So this room had a really big crank thing, as you can see. well I really wanted to turn it but it doesn't turn and as you can see if you look close I was really upset about it. The reason I like this picture is that Ellie totally caught my face, that's genuine disappointment!

Then we went on top of the Castle and it was really windy. Our hair really wasn't behaving, it was so windy it was hard to breath.

Ashlee will hate me for this one but it looks like she has a unicorn horn, it's great. Hey I have devil horns so I think it's fair.

It was really fun and we had some great views from the top so it was worth the wind.

After that we went on a tour of the tunnels that they used during WWII and that was really interesting. then we left the Castle to go down into the town. It was really cool to be at a Castle and to quote Tangled, "I could get use to a view like this,yep I'm use to it, guys I want a Castle!"

So we made our way down to the beach. It was a rock beach which was cool.


We got cool pictures of the beach, the water and the cliffs in the background, unfortunately the water got a little close for comfort during my photo shoot and Cali got a picture of the result.

This was a cool door that had everyone's stickers from Dover Castle on it so we added ours.

So that was our day at Dover. The train ride home was a lot like the one on the way there. I think this is funny because they are asleep exactly the same way.

We went to the grocery store on the way home and Ellie Ashlee and I couldn't help ourselves and we bought a cheesecake. Then we went home and watched movies on my bed, ate the cake and I cut Ellie's hair.

It was a long but awesome day.

No comments:

Post a Comment