Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hard to Swallow

So on Wednesday we got up really early and got on the bus to go to Stratford-upon-Avon. One the way we stopped at Coventry Cathedral which is this really cool church that was bombed during WWII and all that is left is its outer walls and steeple.

They have built a new Cathedral attached to it and it is pretty cool to see the old and new right next to each other.

My favorite thing about the Cathedral was the little pieces of stained glass that were still in the old windows that weren't destroyed by the bomb.

Flowers growing in the windows :)

The next stop was Kennilworth Castle which is basically the ruins of this old castle where we had fun getting some pretty cool pictures. What girl doesn't like to pretend she is a princess in a castle.


So this was a cool ruin wall that I decided to get a picture next to.

Then Camille, Katie and I decided it would be cooler to get a picture on top of it! :)
don't worry, we didn't see the 'do not climb' sign till after we got down.

Princess in the tower, yep I did it!

Then Ashlee and I had a little photo-shoot, it was fun! :)

The castle was just really cool.

But then I got tired and the grass seemed really comfy. This is what I felt about being at the castle for like 4 hours, way too long.

After the Castle we went to Anne Hathaway's cottage. Anne Hathaway's was Shakespeare's wife and was it cool, yes. It was a really cute little cottage but really that was it for me. So Ashlee and I had another photo shoot and waited like another 2 hours while everyone explored. Its not that I didn't appreciate the place but it just didn't really deserve 3 hours.

The next stop on our journey was Mary Arden's farm. Mary Arden was Shakespeare's mother. So it was cool because it was a working farm but everything was keep like it was back then so that was cool to see. We also got to see the Falconer demonstrate the work they do with some of their birds.

this was the falcon and a baby owl, it was pretty cute.

So this was a trundle bed in the farm house that I thought was really cute.

The pig and the out house were both really cute and smelly, not really but they were really cute.
SO thankfully that was our last tourist stop for the day and we headed to our Bed and Breakfasts. So because there were so many of us they slip us up between three different B&B's ours was the cutest but i was also a little out of town but that was okay.

We dropped off our stuff and it was back into town for some dinner and our first Shakespeare show in Stratford.

So for dinner we all went to this Pub, it had really cheap burgers and we were all starving. SO when my burger came out it was bigger than my head! It was the biggest burger I have ever eaten and it was so good. I don't think I've ever eaten something with more kinds of animal on it. It had a hamburger patty, sausage, bacon and an egg! It was awesome.
side note: all burgers should have a fried egg on them.
Anyways it was so big that no one thought I'd be able to finish it but I did and I finished my fries too. it was named at that point on in out group " the elly burger" :)
One of the guys in our group ate there the next night and some was sweating trying to finish the "elly Burger" so was it totally gross that I ate the whole thing, yes. Am I proud I did it, yep!

So after dinner we went and saw Merchant of Venice. I was really excited about it because I liked reading the play, unfortunately I was extremely disappointed by it. One cool thing was that Patrick Stewart, yes Captain Kirk played the lead role and was really fantastic sadly everyone did not even measure up. And it was really hard to sit through because my tummy was really full and the seats were really uncomfortable.

overall it was a hard day to swallow. It was a lot of tourist sites in one day, a little too much to take in to be able to appreciate each one. My burger was a little hard to swallow and the play was really hard to swallow because it was not good at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment